Sunday, October 4, 2009

Preparing the way

I know that John and I fell upon some training to prepare us for where we are today.

The main things were John joining the military- it taught him a deeper level of respect and dedication. It also taught us both strength in separation. We both learned a lot about sacrafice!

The other thing is my experience as a surrogate. I learned very quickly the joy that comes from helping others. I learned to be selfless. That's one of the things the gospel teaches is helping others. Our church is all about that.

It was no accident or mere coincidence that John and I somehow found our way to do those things in our lives. They were to help us become who we are today as we make our way to the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow