Thursday, October 8, 2009

The day is near

Tomorrow John and I take out our endowments. Our first step in the temple together. Saturday we will be getting sealed to each other and our children. Although we've learned a little about what will happen, and I've heard stories, I don't know 100% what to expect. I want to be prepared, but I want to be a bit surprised as well. Does that make sense?

I've come across things on the internet regarding endowments and temples. However, some things I just don't want to know. I don't want to read about it word for word. I want to experience it myself.

I have to admit that John and I are huge fans of Big Love. So when we saw the famous/infamous episode about temple ceremonies, (titled Outer Darkness I do believe) we were kind of weirded out. At the time we didn't know that we'd ever be at a place in our lives to be going through the temple. We just didn't know what to think. We both said something like, "if that's what it's like, I don't know if I ever want to go through the temple."

Yet, here we are. Ready and willing.
By the way, we were told that the temple scene portrayed was about 95% accurate. I think that episode aired in January or February of this year. It was actually around this time that we started going back to church a little at a time. So apparently it didn't freak us out too much. Just being honest about it all.

I now expect it to be a beautiful experience. I view it as sacred and heavenly. I see it as a learning and growing experience. Do I still think it's a little weird? I think it's a new concept to us and new things can seem weird. Either way, I am extremely open to it and hope that I can get the most out of it as possible. I know that I will be spiritually touched and that I will return a different/better person. I think it will be emotionally draining in the best way possible.

I'm excited to have it broken up into 2 days-2 temples-2 ordinances(?) I am excited equally for the time in the temple with my husband and then with my husband and our children. I'm sure I've said this before, but I am beyond thrilled that they get to experience this with us and that they are old enough to remember. We will all be changed in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow