Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall and family

I like Fall. I like the cooler weather. Not looking forward to the freezing cold that is around the corner. Kind of exciting that it started snowing today... but not ready for that! I don't really mind snowy/rainy days as long as I'm not out and about in it... which I'm usually not.

But the point of all my rambling? I can't believe next week is November already. I can't believe this Sunday will be November 1st. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. What is better than great food and family? I'm still in the "younger" generation group, so Thanksgiving isn't stressful for me, because I am just in charge of bringing a side dish and/or dessert. So it is rather enjoyable for me. Thanksgiving is spent 80% of the time with John's family. That's just how it's worked out. They are usually our only invite. I'm not complaining... it's good food and good people. My mom usually joins us. My mom and John's mom are friends. (they became friends after we got married) It's kind of weird, but soooo cool!

I'm a dork, that's not our only invite... we are also included in my Stepmom, Kathie's thanksgiving plans. Also good food and people!! Why did I forget to mention that? Hmmm.... getting old? We have been doing the 2 Thanksgiving dinners for a few years now. John's family Thanksgiving is usually around 2:oo PM at a church. We usually catch up with my Kathie's family around 6:30 or so. So grateful to be included and treated like part of the family. Great, great people!!!

Christmas we are all over the place... with John's parents, my Mom and my Dad and Stepmom. We have to split it all up. But I am blessed to have such a big, loving family. That includes everyone- extended family, inlaws, etc. Not a bad bunch!

What about you? Who do you spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with? Do you travel? Stay around town?

2 comments:

  1. A big family is nice. There are not too many of us. We usually have small holidays. However I think we are going to try and make it to my husband's family Christmas party. In 12 yrs we have not been. The only thing that will keep us from it, is the weather. I do not like driving I-70 in bad weather. We did that one year and it was not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up, we didn't really have a big family. I married into a big family and then my parents split up and my dad remarried, and it multiplied even more.

    I don't blame you for not wanting to driver anywhere in bad weather. However, when we lived in San Diego.. we drove home (we had a house in Utah and lived in military housing in S.D.) for Christmas. It wasn't Christmas without snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow