Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday is a beautiful day for a guest post- ask a surrogate

I am so happy and proud to present a special guest poster today.  Tasha is a surrogate. I have asked her some questions so that you can get to know her. I tried to ask questions that most people want to know about surrogates. When you are done reading the interview, you can visit Tasha at: http://www.deliveringmiracles.blogspot.com/.

1- Why did you choose to become a surrogate?


I chose to become a surrogate because it's something I've always wanted to do; I had this desire even before I had my own children. After going through 4 pregnancies and deliveries of my own with relative ease, I decided that it was time to share that blessing with another family. My family is complete now and I am overjoyed at the thought of helping another cople complete their own family.


2- How long have you been a surrogate?

I began my journey in March 2010 when I applied with a wonderful agency. I was matched rather quickly and here I am, 17 weeks pregnant with twins for a terrific couple!

3- Did you go through an agency?

Yes, after talking with a few couples independently, I decided that an agency would be best considering I am a first-time surrogate.


4- Where are you in your journey? (looking, matched, pregnant, etc.)

As of today, I am 17 weeks with healthy twins.

5- How did you choose your intended parents? What did you like the most about them?

I really don't feel like I chose them, rather that they chose me. It's hard to be drawn to people on paper, but after I spoke with them and saw photos of their life, I had a real heart tug for them.

6- Do you live close to your IP's?

My IP's and I live quite far apart; a 2.5hr plane ride away. They are in NY while I am in TN.

7- Do you expect to keep in contact after the birth? If so, through what means and how often?


I hope to keep in contact them with; IM and I discussed this in the beginning and we both decided to see how we feel after we go through this together. I would like to keep in touch of course, but I know the demands of life and babies can keep a family very busy. And honestly, if they choose not to keep in contact with me (and I can't imagine they would do that actually), then I would respect that decision and know that they need to do what they think is best for their family.


8- Do you have any concerns? For now or after the baby is born?

I don't really have any concerns at this time. Maybye I won't ever have any at all. I've always known this is what I wanted to do someday, and up to this point, it has all gone almost perfectly.

9- What do you want to tell others about surrogacy?

I guess I'd like to ask others to truly research surrogacy before they form any opinions about the surrogates or about the couples seeking surrogacy. Surrogacy is not driven by financial motivation or a selfish a desire carry children -- it is very simply driven by selfless love.

10- Will you do it again?

I am saving that decision for the time being. I'd like to see how I feel after my current journey is complete.


Thank you Tasha! I wish you the best in your journey. I'm sure your IP's are happy to have found such a wonderful woman.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
surrogacy, surrogate interview, guest blogger, surrogate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow