Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blizzards and white outs

Well, if you live in Utah, I'm sure you heard the blizzard warning yesterday. I was not happy. I'm not ready for the snow and the cold and the storms. Once the snow gets here, I'm fine. I just don't like being out in a snow storm.

So, this big blizzard was supposed to be pretty hazardous. However, I heard it was pretty tame. Where I live, we have our own weather. If it's snowing really hard in Salt Lake or Provo, it's not here. Or it could be snowing really hard here (not very often) and now snow anywhere else. It's crazy out here. One of the reasons why I love it so much.

I was out last night doing a Scentsy party. Luckily I didn't have too far to drive. It was snowing lightly and it got really cold really fast. But there was no big bad blizzard.

I'll tell you about a story about a big bad blizzard though....

It was 2007 I beleive. Day before Valentine's. We had only lived out here less than a year. I thought I'd hop in the car and go to the store to get a cupcake mix to make some festive treats. I got caught in the nastiest white out blizzard I've ever been in. You know the one out here in Saratoga Springs/Eagle Mountain? Well I tried to head home, but there were accidents everywhere. Two accidents had just happened right before I got to the intersection, I turned around to go the other way I knew to get home and bam another car accident happened and I couldn't get past it. Luckily our heater was working in the car. I pulled over behind the Smith's parking lot and cried for a bit. It was frustrating and scary. There were only 2 known ways for me to get home and both were blocked. I tried heading to the freeway to Sandy to take shelter with my parents or inlaws. I couldn't even get on the freeway going north. All traffic was stopped. I was lucky enough to be able to head north to Pleasant Grove and spent the night with my sister and her husband. My husband was in the Navy stationed in San Diego. It was a day I'll never forget.

Since there was going to be this big bad blizzard yesterday, my sister called me and told me not to go to the store and get cake mix. HA HA.

1 comment:

  1. WOw! that is one blizzard you will never forget...Geez. Scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow