Saturday, January 22, 2011

Surrogacy Journal Entry part 2 (1st journey)

Part 2 to

January 28, 2006

Time to catch up. First off- I am pregnant, 12 weeks along- 1 baby. I have been feeling nauseas and tired for awhile. I don't remember exactly when it kicked in- around the beginning of December. K_____ and S_____ were very disappointed that they weren't going to have twins. However, they are happy that the pregnancy is progressing as it should. 

John & I took the kids to Utah for Christmas. We were able to stay for 2 weeks. I was able to see MY OB/GYN for an ultrasound. (the rest of the pregnancy I was seen by Navy doctors and nurses in San Diego) We saw this tiny little bean of a baby.

I was sick for 2 days where I couldn't get out of bed. I was nauseas/tired/throwing up. I knew I was dehydrated and went to the Emergency Room. They put me on IV's to hydrate me and gave me meds for nausea. This was the day before New Year's Eve.

 My uncle Jon invited John and I to his work were they were having a nice Prime Rib dinner on New Year's Eve. After that, we went to my friend Terrill's house. She is John's friend too-basically got us together. I found out she is pregnant too- about 2 weeks behind me. After all this time we're pregnant at the same time but we're living in different states and this isn't my baby.  Sadly this means that I probably won't be able to be there when her baby is born, since I'll be in San Diego recovering from birth. We'll see though.

Last place for New Year's Eve was John's parents where we played games all night. We really had a great New Years.

We came back to San Diego January2nd. Our older kids, Jeremy and Tristan stayed behind with John's mom. She brought them down 2 weeks later in our van. We had been trying to sell it. We had a nice time with John's mom visiting.  Our youngest daughter, Jessica had just turned 2 on January 6th. The other kids weren't here to celebrate with us, so when they got here we all went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was fun to see Jessica go on the rides for the first time.

I have been feeling yucky off and on. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the kids and housework. Wendy helped out a lot when she was here. We hope to have more visitors. We may go to Utah for Easter.

I think I have a great couple to do this surrogacy for. However, it hasn't been a completely smooth ride. I'm sure that is to be expected.  I think the culture difference can be hard. Sometimes I feel like I'm being bossed around or like I don't have much privacy. I don't want to bring up anything specific or point fingers.  I'm sure they don't mean to be that way. I am happy to do this, but I think if I were to do it again I'd pick a couple with the same culture as John and I. Maybe this will explain a little- I feel appreciated and all that, but it's like I'm good friends with the wife and it's more of a business transaction with the husband. They have treated me well for the most part, it's just different than what I expected. 

*I want to add that they've stayed in touch and I treasure our friendship. I don't regret a thing! They provided me with a wonderful first experience of being a surrogate and I'm so happy that they chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.