Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Get your vote on!

I was 27 when I voted for the first time in 2004. My husband and I voted together. It was his first time too. I think it's so nice when you and your spouse agree on who to vote for!

I don't know why we didn't vote in 2008. I think I didn't know who to vote for. I didn't feel like any of the candidates were the "right" choice. I did feel like, why not give Obama a shot? I felt like it was "time" to have a black man for president, but that wasn't enough to vote for him.

Now I feel like he had his chance and it's time for change! We educated ourselves and again hubby and I are on the same page as far as who to vote for. We are looking at the overall picture, not just one or two issues and not based on religion.We feel we are making the best choice overall.

I'm not telling anyone who to vote for or not, I just think it's important to make an informed decision for the better of the country as a whole, not just one or two issues you feel strongly about.

John and I will be voting together when he gets off of work today. I am hoping the lines aren't too bad. (It won't be too late.) I'm sure we will enjoy our time together even if we have to wait awhile.

Did you vote or will you be voting today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow