Thursday, March 18, 2010

There's always a reason

My life wouldn't be my life without little situations that have meaning. Sometimes I think of a situation and think, wow what a waste of time that was. Other times I find out there was a reason for that situation. Sometimes I find out years later, sometimes right away.

We're all connected, there's guidance from above, and I'm all kinds of emotional just thinking about it.

Yesterday, for a second I had a moment that I thought was a waste of my time.

I will share my story from an e-mail I just sent my dad....

First off, we've been looking to upgrade our vehicles. The cars are getting older with more and more miles on them, so we've been looking around. I've been wanting an F150 ever since we got one as a rental awhile back. So yesterday I was at Ken Garff Ford in American Fork.





It ended up being an interesting situation. I didn't really see anything in our price range or more like in our price range that we wanted, but this lady was determined for me to come in and see if they could do anything for us. Well they couldn't. Unless I wanted to accept $500 for the Explorer and van. (each) And if I wanted a Fusion. Actually I don't even know if that was 100% in our price range.





While this guy was running around checking on things, this lady sat and chatted with me and Jeremy. She was asking him if he was going to be in the Navy like his dad. He told her that he used to want to be in the Army, but now he's thinking it would be fun to work with Grandpa Don at the Book Bindery. After a few minutes, she said she used to work at a Bindery for 20 years. She asked the name of the Bindery (Utah Book Binding Company) and said it sounded familiar. (it is now Family Heritage Publishers) Well she had worked at Hiller Book Binding Company which sounded familiar to me. I guess her uncle started that company. I told her that my grandpa might have worked with her uncle. I told her she should ask him if he knew Glenn Hancock. She said, he had died but her aunt would know.





So this morning I looked in the book about Grandma and Grandpa, and sure enough it was Hiller Bookbinding Company. How crazy is that? Well it got me thinking that we need to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa soon. Would you want to go with us on Sunday? We have a gift for Kathie for her birthday, so either way we'd like to get together if you're not busy.





I'm taking the kids to the downtown library today, so e-mail or call and let me know.


Love,


Jill


Life is too short, we don't see my grandparents often enough. Maybe once every 2 years. This lady came into my life at this point and time for a reason. I'm not sure what it is beyond the fact that I need to visit my grandparents!  I'm so grateful that my grandparents made a book about their lives. It helps me to know and understand who I am. Just flipping through the pages and seeing my grandparents and great grandparents has made me cry for the last 20 minutes. I can't explain it, but I'm overcome with emotions.

1 comment:

  1. Cool. just simply cool.
    I love reminders like that.
    That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow