Saturday, November 30, 2013

A New Journey #Surrogacy

I have talked to many great couples the past 2 weeks. A few have been interested in moving forward. However, sometimes life gets in the way or the couple just isn't quite ready or something just doesn't click. 

It came down to choosing between two couples, which honestly made my heart ache. It really sucks to choose one couple over another and have to let the other couple down. It wasn't an easy decision. I didn't know what would be the determining factor. I hoped for some sort of sign.

As I talked to my husband about both couples Wednesday night, he fell asleep on me. I should have known better, we were already in bed. He falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. 

But that's okay, because we had a 45 minute drive to Thanksgiving breakfast early Thursday morning. He was all ears. As I started talking to him I felt like I was starting to lean towards one couple.

After breakfast, I was chatting with my step sister in law who has struggled with infertility. She had asked what was going on in my surrogacy life so I told her about the two couples. She was just the perspective I needed. Again, it wasn't an easy decision, but I felt like I knew which couple to choose. 

I decided to send a video to the couple to let them know of my decision Thursday night. (Thanksgiving)
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7ggQz0ckA

I hope they don't mind me sharing.

Then I had to break the news to the other couple.
:(

And then I waited for a reply and started getting nervous. What if they changed their minds? What if________? 
I put myself out there, even though they had already shown interest. What if I was rejected?

But then I got a cute, sweet ecstatic email back and I felt good about my decision. 

We're still in the very early stages and they want to meet me in person. But so far, I think everything is lining up nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow