Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Memories

I remember one Easter when I was about 8 or 9 and it had snowed. No one was happy about it. It was super cold and me, my brother and sister HAD to go outside in the front yard by the nectarine tree to take a picture in our Easter best. We all look really happy in the picture. I love the memory though.

Another year I remember my mom was in the fat free phase (that everyone went through in the 90's) and would only get us Easter candy that was fat free. I already liked Sour Patch Kids, so I was happy because they were fat free and I could have them.

I remember another year when I was about 13-14, I was with my cousins and us girls used Robin Egg candy as lipstick. We looked lovely in our pastel colors, bright blue, pink and purple. I have a picture somewhere.

The most unforgettable Easter was 4 years ago. I was in the hospital on bed rest in preterm labor with the twins, trying to keep them in a few weeks longer. (Surrogacy) It was hard when I realized I'd be in the hospital for awhile and during a big holiday. I was bummed I wouldn't be with my family. They did come to visit me though and it was an Easter I'll never forget. I managed to keep them in another week.

I hope you will all make wonderful Easter memories with your families and loved ones.

God Bless!

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow