Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little change will do me good

I like change here and there. It's something new, something to look forward to. So what's new in my life?

(just a little note, I've been working on this blog post for a month or so...)

Well, for the past 5 weeks or so I'm really getting into couponing. It's fun and exciting to track down the deals and see how much you can save.

I tried my hand at gardening. I've planted flowers before.. with little success on the side of our house. I'm fine to put them in pots, but I suck at putting things in the ground. I decided it would be oh so fun and cool to plant fruits and vegetables, so we got grapes and raspberries and blueberries and strawberries and tomatoes and this and that. Some were already plants, some were seeds.. well the seeds still are seeds, haven't planted those yet. Nothing seems to grow out here. I don't know if it's the harsh wind or what. I know we don't have the best soil,(clay) but John dug it all out last year and put down nice topsoil. I guess I'll give it all time, but so far so NOT good.

*Update: I've been giving the garden a little more TLC, and it's doing better. I have lost the cucumber seeds, but planted the carrots and got cute little tomato starters for the kids. (Elmo, even...) My other tomatoes shriveled up and died before I planted them...oops. We'll catch up on our garden in a future post.

I read in a magazine article last month about creating a vanity. I thought how flipping cool is that? A space to call my own in my room to sit down and get all prettied up. So we've been on the lookout. I was pretty much looking for a cheap desk or something like that to convert. Nothing fancy or expensive.  Well when I mentioned my idea to my daughter, all of a sudden she had a vanity for herself within a few hours. No fair! Just kidding, it was fine and fun to help her with ideas.


And now I've got my very own vanity! I found a cute little desk at a great price, it even matches our bed.  I hunted down just the right mirror and lamp. I have so enjoyed sitting at my vanity to put on my makeup and at night to take it off. Plus, I'm enjoying my new room layout. It's got a little more flow to it and about 1/2 the clutter. Plus our sleeping quarters are more separate from the rest of the room.

Here are the before and after pictures:



(There's a couch in there somewhere...)


(Please not that most of the clutter is hubby's, thanks)

And what does it look like now?





(Whistling along to a song..)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to return the favor.

Slideshow